Vou para o Brasil!!! (I'm going to Brazil!!!!)

Posted by Elena B. , Sunday, August 8, 2010 4:01 PM

I get to see him in less than a week! Finally! It was a last minute trip, just bought the ticket a little over a week ago. It didn't feel real for a while, until yesterday, when I was driving a long way and thinking about him, listening to music, and it suddenly hit me. Yes, we really are going to be together, in real life, in the same place. And it's about time! It has been a year, yes, and entire year since we've seen each other! I can't believe it. In some ways it has been torture, but it also doesn't even feel like that long. But I'm really happy, and I'll be there for a week and a half. Which isn't very long, but hey, it's better than nothing!

Oh, so many things I can't wait for. I can't wait for that first kiss (well not first kiss, but first kiss in a loooooong time). I can't wait to sit on the praia do porto, eating some queijo and drinking agua de coco. I can't wait to sit next to my love and just have a normal conversation, with subtle caresses and slaps on the arm for emphasis, with sly smiles and giggles and all those wonderful parts of expression that can't come across through the internet.

I just feel so grateful that we've finally, through all the ups and downs, gotten the chance to be together again. Only time will tell what happens in the future, how we'll figure out all the complicated parts of our relationship. But for now, I'm just excited, because it's real. It's happening. Yes! And, I will do my very best to keep you updated now that I will actually have things to share on this blog! Anyone have suggestions of things to do/places to go in Salvador? I've done most of the normal touristy things, so I'm looking for other suggestions.

4 Response to "Vou para o Brasil!!! (I'm going to Brazil!!!!)"

Elena B. Says:

Thanks Danielle :) I'm just going to be there for a week and a half, unfortunately, but I may go back early next year for longer, we'll see...

Corin Says:

Congrats! Eat some moqueca and bobó for me!

Anonymous Says:

Congrats :) Hope you have a fabulous time!

Fabio Bossard Says:

Yaaay! Hope you have wonderful time and enjoy yourselves every minute!

Post a Comment