New Project

Posted by Elena B. , Tuesday, January 5, 2010 12:22 AM

I know I haven't written for a while, but every time I think of it (which, to be honest, hasn't been all that much lately considering holidays and being back home trying to see friends and family) I can't figure out what I should write about.

But now I have a new little project that I'm excited about :) For a few years now I've been a wanna-be scrapbooker. I go through spurts of serious interest and excitement in making a scrapbook, where I go to the craft store (or the 'amazing savings' that for some reason sells scrapbooking stuff) and splurge on papers and special glue and cute little stickers that I really don't need. Then, usually within a couple days or a week, I burn out and shove the photos and stickers and scraps of paper in a box under my desk. I just don't usually have the motivation to follow through and finish a hole scrapbook. It really takes so long!

Although I was just talking about our 10 month anniversary, our 1 year anniversary is coming up soon, and I thought it would be nice to do something special. Since I ended up spending a ridiculous amount on shipping a care package for dear boyfriend's birthday in October (don't ask, there was a packaging mix-up), I figured I'd just write a nice letter or something. But...I realized that a friend of mine will be studying in Salvador for the semester, and since she's in New York (near me) visiting her sister before she leaves, I convinced her (as in, she's sweet and agreed in a second) to take along a little something to deliver to my man. Ok...I'm not making her deliver anything, I'll make him go pick it up...hehe.

So what is it that I'm sending along with her? Well it took me a little time to figure it out, since I wanted it to be small and light, because I know how hard it is to pack a semester's worth of your life into two dinky suitcases and I don't want to bother my AMAZING friend when she's doing me this huge favor (shout out to you, you know who you are!)!
So....(drumroll please).... I'm sending an anniversary scrapbook...but wait, it gets better...that fits into a CD case! Yup, one of those jewel cases that I have no use for anymore since I hardly use CDs except in my car. There's a cool accordian folded paper that pops out of the case and expands to hold a whole bunch of mini pages of pictures. I like it because since it's small it can't possibly take that long to make and it's a really cute idea of somehting a little different. Note, this isn't my idea, I found it on this cute site. My design is a little girly because the store I went to didn't have much selection so it's kinda pink....but oh well, I think he'll still like it! It's not like I expect him to put it out on his desk at work or anything.

I'll put pictures up once I'm done with the mini album (which will be tomorrow because I'm meeting said friend in two days for the hand-off of the goods). Let's just hope that they don't ask her at airport security whether anyone asked her to transport anything, hahah. So far I've got the cover done and I figured out the order of the pictures. Now I just have to do the actual pages...

Oh man, my posts always end up being so ridiculously long! I need to work on being concise. So, more (hopefully) coming soon.

Beijos,
Elena

p.s.--Sorry if I'm a bit incoherent, it's late! And sorry for the overuse of parenthesis, I got a little carried away!

2 Response to "New Project"

Mrs. Carioca Says:

hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm not brazilian though, my husband is. And he eats vegan food when I cook it. The scrapbook sounds neat. My sister in law made us a scrapbook like that.

Elena B. Says:

haha, oops! I actually realized that as I was reading through your blog after leaving a comment, but it was too late to change it. Yeah, hopefully he'll get the scrapbook soon, probably next week. I can't wait for his reaction :)

Post a Comment